Thursday, August 7, 2008

From Russia with Love

I've met plenty of Russian gals in Manhattan and I had concluded that they were all beautiful outside but gold diggers inside. The worst thing is that they are not even subtle about it. They exude a sense of entitlement. Give me this, give me that. Take me to the BEST restaurant etc.

Wellll, recently, I have met a few Russian gals who were actually not so obvious. One was at work a couple of years ago, Olga, beautiful raven brunette with piercing ice blue eyes who was a software quality assurance manager who always wore a skirt and prostitute shiney red high heels and sometimes with beautiful nude or black Wolford pantyhose. Obviously, I took smoke breaks with her several times a day and once I took her out after work to various bars with a last stop at Mercury and boy, she drank me under the table. After our 5th hour drinking, I was literrally going narcoleptic and took 20 second naps every 15 mins. while we were talking. It was surreal. Lost touch with her after I moved onto a different job though. She was married anyway so that's that. But boy, she was practically the only reason why I could get myself up to go to work. Smart as nails and definitely not a gold digger. She was an anthropological erotic specimen for my brain.

Tonight (last night.. whatever... when I was awake and out. I no longer measure my days according to the Gregorian calendar), I met another one of that cloth. Lanna with her friend Anna (of course) at Bungalow. Tonight was dead. No one was there. But at the bar, I felt good energy and I talked to her. Various things. I asked her if she wanted another drink and she actually said thanks but she'll get her own. I was impressed. Then we talked for like an hour and she tells me that she hates crowded places (I agreed) and she's not easily impressed about things or status (I cheered). Then she told me about Moscow because I asked and she told me that in many places there a table is $10,000 and Mojito's, considered exotic there, costs $60 per glass. I said, it would suck to be poor in Moscow (which is as a matter of fact, the most expensive city in the world) and she said, it would suck to be poor anywhere. But she said it with levity, not scorn.

So, that made me think. Maybe not all Russian girls are gold diggers wich was a breath of fresh air. Now, I also think that many many American girls are gold diggers too, and equally many, who are not, who just want a muscular Vinny to go to the Hamptons with packed into a 3 bdrm. spot with 20 people staying over (Yuck).

I adore beautiful girls who are independent who are smart, fun, and value their independence. I like gals who are not easily impressed. But rather, enjoy the beauty of a free flowing conversation and the moment. Too many girls nowadays want to be pampered and to be the alpha. That's a lost girl.

Yeah, got her number. Will probably be an expensive nite tonite if I make it that early (what does one call the time after midnight? afternite.. like afternoon? I'm an afternite guy :). Meeting her at the Bijouix (new place. cross between Gold Bar and the Submercer. Great people and good music. Minimal hiphop.). My success with European women is in the 90% zone. American women.. 20%. Warped ratio. Such different mentality and energy. The European sensibility is so compatible to my eyes and brain.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Great success. Let's meet up later tonight. I'm going to some bbq with my gals...