Thursday, May 22, 2008

$175 for Two Cigarettes

Was at Bungalow and was smoking and this guy comes over from his table and asks me if I had cigarettes. I had 3 left and he was dressed nice with a nice girl friend so I said sure. He took it and said thanks and he said look come over. Went over to his table. He said, that's your's take it. Half a bottle of Grey Goose. I said, nah, it's OK. I didn't want to take advantage of a drunk guy. He insisted that I take it. Then I looked at the table and there was another bottle of Grey Goose. I thought it was empty but it was actually not even opened. So, I said OK. He said, "I'm rich. I'm retired! I want you to have it!" I wish it was earlier in the night. Had to leave in half an hour when it closed.

I said, "you should take that (unopened bottle) home." He took it to the kitchen and came out empty handed. I asked, "where's your bottle?" He just pointed back to the kitchen and left. I assume that he either forfeited that or they'll be saving it for him for another nite. 2 bottles of Grey Goose and tip = $800. Great style.

So, academically speaking, that was the most I got out of 2 cigarettes and I didn't even want anything. He paid, ineffect, $175 for my 2 cigarettes. Gotta love Manhattan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Must unpack this one.