Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lagerfeld On...

the global recession and it's impact on Chanel (per NY Times article, 'In the Lap of Luxury, Paris Squirms', 1/14/09). I luv his fantastic bravado. He is a resolute dandy through and through (last paragraph of the article below.)
-----------

And for Mr. Lagerfeld, cutting back his own spending at Chanel is not part of his “new modesty” strategy. He said he is not being forced by the private company’s owners to bend or adapt because of financial constraints. “We have no budget, we do what we want and throwing money out the window brings money back in through the front door,” he said. “The bottom line is that I don’t deal with the bottom line. The luxury in my life is I never have to think about it.”

3 comments:

Carolina said...

Lovin it!

Chanel is God and Karl is messiah!

Unknown said...

I could be wrong of course, but I have always found Lagerfeld dangerously and annoyingly shallow and derivative, both in philosophy and concrete output. Statements such as this only confirm my reservations about him. I do not think he is worthy to carry out Chanel's garbage.

dandyinthecity said...

I enjoy his shallowness and glibness. It's a sign of intelligence. To make mountains into mole hills.