Thursday, April 3, 2008

Charm

Charm. To charm. To be charming. It's a faded art. It's actually a very rare flower these days. Everyone is in a hurry. But I say, no. stop. Have you ever seen a car that's dirty? A finger nail chipped or cracked? It's ugly.

Most people don't recognize ugly. But they accept it as routine. "It is what it is!" But I say no. Stop. Think. Rethink. Polish.

How can one present oneself in such a way? One must always, no matter the time constraint nor the hurry, be always POLISHED. This not only applies to outward appearance. Charm is beautiful. Charm seizes time on it's own terms. It's magical.

What I actually love more than being charming is being around charming people. I love charming people who are not fake. Charm is the flower of conversations.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah charm! We actually see it rather rarely -- far more common in society is an "impersonation" or "impression" of charm, usually to gain something for oneself.

True charm -- though not exactly innate -- is set at a very early age. It has to do with how the individual sees and responds to other people. It is a function of sincerity and transparency, and is immediately distinguishable from put-on Elizabeth-Dole-style "Southern Charm." Charm is rare and precious. Its imitators are legion, and easily spotted.

dandyinthecity said...

By Jove you ass! This comment is actually better than my blog. I may need to ban you from accessing my shortcomings :). Kiddn. U da man homes :)! You are an asset to my blogs. Chaaaaarmed and thank you.

Carolina said...

I want to leave comments for you SK but don't dare to because with the incredibly intellectual and accurate comments you recieve from "Pierce" it makes me look stupid.
Although need to let you know that I read your writings everyday and they enrich my days in many ways.

And I know that even if I may not be as smart and well-spoken as "Pierce" atleast I have my CHARM.
Yes?;)