Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Blog About MY Blogs

My writing style is not for everyone and it isn't meant to be either. It's for me, my style. Although I must admit that many (to majority) of those who read my blogs think that I am actually a pretty good writer. I congratulate their excellent taste and phenomenal erudition. Btw, my favorite blog to date, the one that I am most proud of so far is 'Polar Bear Milk'!

Now, consistency... I wrote about frequency of my blogs earlier and that I am a spontaneous blogger. I don't try to keep up with other bloggers who are dailies. I write when I want and not obligate myself to a schedule. Same goes I suppose to a certain extent to the consistency of my blogs, specifically, the quality of it. Succinctness, Cadence, Humor, Seriousness, the Length, the Proportion, the 'Harmonics,' etc.

Being human and not a machine, depending on how things come together, some of my writing will be 'wow, nice' to 'ney, so so.' But overall I am confident that my writing, in general, will be above average. As for editing, I do go back to all of my blogs (but not past 2 weeks) and edit them until I feel that it's as good as I want it to be. It's kind of like sculpting or painting, or in fact, writing. One starts then finishes then reiterates then polishes. But the key is to get started. Some blogs that I post and edit several times after may still may lack vigor, vitality, vivacity and fall flat. Well, at that point fck it. It is what it is and it reflects me as well. Certain days, my complexion and hair are perfection, certain days not so good. This may not be a perfect analogy but I hope that you get the point.

I am not submitting my blogs for the Pulitzer. It just has to pass the scrutiny of my satisfaction, and sometimes, I'll expect it NOT to get the stamp of my satisfaction. But I will move on anyway. Tis life;Tis was. I am hopeful that the readers will do so likewise. I also encourage the reader to blog, not simply comment on blogs. It is far easier to criticize someone else in the trenches then to actually dig the trenches oneself.

I blog for a few good reasons: 1) When I am 80+ yrs. old or even earlier perhaps, I want to look back on the things that were going on in my life and the thoughts that I had while I was going through those things. It's a catalogue of me for me; 2) I want to share my thoughts with whomever finds them interesting, and simultaneously, update my friends who I may not speak with on a daily basis on a civilized plain, that of thoughts; 3) At some point, I would like to use my blogs as a starting point for a book of essays and thoughts. These blogs will serve as sketches and ingredients to that end. Once published, I want them on my bookshelf and I would like to give them away to friends and if I ever have children, give it to them. I want my books to be peppered with wisdom that I have collected over the years through hands on experience and through reading the giants of wisdom such as Emerson, Seneca, Nietzche, Schopenhauer, Socrates, etc. and 4) I also want to leave something behind beyond just-- considerable amount of debt (re: it's a dandy-must), fantastic wardrobe, and a plaque with my name on a stool at the Mercury Bar :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first metablog?