Friday, March 21, 2008

A Blog about Blogs

I noticed that some people blog every day and some blog multiple times a day and some very erratically from time to time or in spurts (myself included). Some people use it as a diary for public consumption and some people use it as a general white space for thoughts or both.

I don't know where I fit into the profile. For instance, today, I'm at work, waiting for some data from other people that I will later review etc. So, I have sometime to kill and I have thoughts on my mind and/or created just out of a level of boredom. So, my blogging I guess is considered spontaneous and thus, I am a spontaneous blogger.

I don't feel guilty if I don't blog everyday since it's mostly for my own amusement and vanity but sometimes I feel bad when I don't blog everyday but my friends do. It's similar to them giving me a gift (of their beautiful thoughts and a piece of their lives to share) on a daily basis and me not returning the favor at the same level of frequency.

Since, a blog is a public platform, I guess there are some public obligations to reciprocate the love and the laughter. But I am who I am, so I'll probably continue to blog spontaneously and not according to a schedule.

Anyway, what's up with the Winter?! It's 35 degrees still. It's been like this since November. 5 months of unyielding Winter (Nov,. Dec., Jan., Feb. Mar.) without a proper blizzard to even make it exciting. I've been living in Manhattan for 21 years now and I can never get used to the 5 months of Winter on this rock. It's 5 months of Winter, 5 months of sweltering Summer. Manhattan basically has 2 seasons, Winter and Summer. Bipolar disorder city. Even the weather is bipolar. No wonder that it's such a crazy city. It's like a selfish prostitute that I prostitue myself to and get lip stick all over myself. Sin city... luv it, hate it, and luv it.

"I came, I saw, I prostituted myself." -- VK

2 comments:

Swedish Fish said...

HILLARIOUS :D

Carolina said...

haha. I haven't had the chance to read this one until now. WOW! Love it!
Smart as hell