Monday, October 13, 2008

My God, Gossip Girl is So Delicious...

Just finished watching it on CW channel. I watched most of the first season and missed a few this season. But still great. Will have to get the Season DVDs next year.

Beautiful cast, exquisite outfits ranging from very preppie to hipster, great trashy storyline. They had a girl fight scene on this episode. Reminded me of Dynasty. Very cool. This season, they are filming it on Columbia campus but calling it Yale. I guess Columbia (my alma mater) is not WASPy enough. True. I think that the only WASP Ivy left is probably Dartmouth, and maybe, Yale.

Chuck, the evil character was wearing an outfit like what I usually wear in the Fall: Thomas Pink dress shirt, Turnbull & Asser ascot, an Emporio Armani jacket, J. Lindbergh skinny trousers and Gucci chelsea boots for the Fall. Albeit, the character has a real trust fund, so everything he wore was probably a notch and a stich above: I'm guessing, Charvet shirt (heavy pastel pink), Hermes ascot (navy with paisley patterns) (I have 2), Brioni brown corduroy jacket, Hermes trousers (brick red) and John Lobb Tudor boots (tan bucksuede). Perfet. Only thing missing was round black frame art history professor glasses (which I have..from Robert Marc) for the full Italio-Ingles Medicci meets New England (dare I say, Byronic) affectation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was not quite able to get into this series. But I will never forget their ad campaign, sexy close-ups with quotes from The Parents' Television Council, et al.: "Appallingly inappropriate."
And, "This is definitely bad for you."