Monday, June 2, 2008

Polar Bears

I can see myself going to the Central Park Zoo every week and taking pictures of the 2 polar bears there. Color and black and white. Pictures, sketches, and pastels. What's up with Fred's obessession with polar bears?! One day,I will just have a pink crayon streak on a white page and someone will say, "what the fck is that?" I'll say, "it's a polar bear, you silly! It may not look like one but it sure feels like one :)!"

Not just polar bears though. Central Park Zoo polar bears.

It's sad. Magnificient creatures constrained in the confines of a small pool. Plucked from their nature.

Once in awhile during the Summer, the zoo keepers throw in ice blocks in their pool and they cling to it and lick it. It's sad.

I like them alot. They remind me of me.

3 comments:

Carolina said...

Hm. Trying to figure out the nature of this post?! Fred, I think you're one of the oddest of the odd. I love it

Unknown said...

As the saying goes: "Let's unpack THIS one !"

Anonymous said...

Haha love Carolina's comment below!! I made a whole sketchbook about polar bears in art school – I have a stuffed version travelling around with me everywhere I go ;) I came to the conclusion that I love them because they represent warm hugs in the cold to me – they're quiet, harsh, lonesome, strong and protective, I love it :)