Monday, June 16, 2008

George Carlin- Excerpt from 'Brain Droppings'

I felt like this a million times at Duane Reade. I call it Duane Wait and I do my best to avoid the place.
==================
PEOPLE AHEAD OF ME ON LINE

Here's something I can do without: People ahead of me on the supermarket line who are paying for an inexpensive item by credit card or personal check. People! Take my word for this: Tic Tacs is not a major purchase. And, I get just as discouraged when a guy who's buying a simple jar of spaghetti sauce tries to pay with a letter of credit from the Bank of Liechtenstein. Folks, carry some fuckin' money around, will ya? It comes in handy! No one should be borrowing money from a bank at 18 percent interest to buy a loaf of bread.

And what about these cretins at the airport gift shop who think somehow they're in the Mall of America? It's an airport! I'm standin' there with one newspaper and a pack of gum; I gotta get to my plane. Why does the genetic defective ahead of me choose this moment to purchase a complete set of dishes and a new fall wardrobe? What is this, fuckin' Macy's? And of course, the clerk lady has to carefully wrap each dish separately, but she's working real 'fast'-- she's eighty-nine!! Plus she's from Sri Lanka. The rural part. And now dishman wants to know if it's okay to use Turkish traveler's checks. You know what I do? I steal things. Fuck 'em! I grab a handful of candy bars and six magazines and head for the gate. My attitude? It wasn't their stuff to begin with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Patience is a virtue
Possess it if you can
Seldom in a woman
Never in a man

These rants by Carlin were sort of in vogue thirty five years ago, but now seem painfully self-absorbed and phony.

Carolina said...

Don't know what I feel about this post. I think I like it because you posted it but I know for sure that if someone else blogged this I would totally resent it!

Btw, I'm in Sweden now. Blond, blueeyed peeps everywhere. Even the cabdrivers, or actually no I take that back; They are mostly Indian immigrantos.

Take care of Bungalow for me and remind the ppl in there of me once in a while; I'll be back when I feel it's the right time.

XOXO,
B

dandyinthecity said...

I got rid of the part that I think you didn't like. I edit my blog from time to time based on some responses or how I feel... all depends on the day. Somedays I'm jovial others caustic other mellow etc. and it shows in my blogs. It should!