Sunday, February 1, 2009

Amazon Speed

Forgot to blog this earlier. A few days ago, I purchased a couple of items from Amazon. And being pound foolish but pennywise, I of course picked the Free Shipping option with delivery window of 5-9 days which from my experience has been actually about 4-5 days from order to delivery. Well, this time, the sucker arrived the very next day. I was amazed when my doorman said, "Fred, you have a package." I said, "Really? I'm not expecting any packages today." Then he pulls out a box with an Amazon logo. I said, "This can't be. I ordered something mid-afternoon yesterday and I didn't do next day shipping." I was puzzled.

I opened the box when I got upto my apt. and lo behold, it's the stuff I ordered less than 24 hrs. ago! So, I checked the receipt to see if I accidentally pressed the wrong delivery option. Nope. Free delivery.

I couldn't believe it. Cheers to Amazon. I'm glad that I've purchased from Amazon since the year of their inception. What a wonderful American company.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think they are trying to compete with the Barnes and Noble "Free same day delivery in Manhattan" lure. I've had a few very quick deliveries from Amazon in recent months.