Monday, December 15, 2008

Bush in Iraq

As I watched the Jets play and beat Buffalo. Yeah! There was a news clip that showed President Bush at a news conference in Iraq when a Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at him. Bush kept his smile and dodged both shoes quite effortless. I was shocked then laughed.

But with all due respect, I was alittle annoyed about the incident. As much as I have hated the Bush years, 8 long ones, and as much as I think that he's probably one of the worst Presidents we have ever had since Hoover, he's still our goddam President and we have spent more than enough of our treasure and blood on that country. Show some fckn respect!

I was for going into Iraq and I'm glad that we are there. I loathed the execution of the occupation. But I was for and still am for 'behavior modification' in that backward region. I would love to see our Marines go into Tehran now. But it's unlikely. Too bad.

My country is the greatest country in the world. We've made mistakes. Nevertheless, we saved alot of lives and have brought and maintained freedom around the world, from WWII, Korean Conflict, sans Vietnam, to bringing down the wall in Berlin, Kosovo, HIV aid in Africa, Tsunami relief in Thailand and ridding Afghanistan of the Taliban. No other country has done so much good, net net, than the U.S.

We are still the shining city on the hill that everyone looks up to and wants to come to. I am proud to be an American. I'm glad that Bush is on his way out and I voted for Obama. But that shoe throwing thing, that was a no no. Very disrepectful.

I would have much preferred a pie in his face. A traditional protest vs. turbinhead, ungrateful, asshole protest. A people/nation should know when they are defeated. Japan after WWII is a good example... an honorable and a worthy adversary who show respect to their conqueror.

No comments: