Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winter Jacket 2


I kind of like this modest jacket as well. Only $300. Different style obviously. More sedate (teething on boring but not quite), understated and gentlemanly and I also like the fact that it's longer for fuller coverage. In a twisted way though, it makes me think of what a rapist may wear in early Winter. It's kindda ghoulish. Like in the movie, "Scream."

What I can do is to look for an insignia patch (to give it alittle bit of the touch of the jacket below), preferablly, a black Alexander McQueen-esque skull (important though that the skull looks ancient and/or elegant, not cartooney nor costumey) and have it patched on in the front (on the right breast) by my dry cleaner for $5. I think that that alone can make the jacket look $500 more expensive if it naturally blends in with the jacket as if it were designed that way. Unique designs cost more. So, why not add my own design element to it vs. someone else doing it and me paying them extra for it.

2 comments:

Carolina said...

You ought to check out saks asap. 40% or more off plus an extra 10% off if you open a saks account. Although best incentive is that you can shop for up to $2000 on the card without having to pay it back in 1 year (and no interest!). Sounds amazzzing.

Perfect for christmas gift shopping..hrrrm;)

dandyinthecity said...

I did check it (Saks site) out before I blogged this. I also checked Barneys and Bergdorf sites. When it comes to ski jackets that look good on the street vs. ski slope, there aren't that many good ones. They all look the same or have loud colors.

So this and the Bogner were the only ones I like.

Luckily, it's not as cold this week and I think that there will be sales after Thanksgiving. So, I'm gonna wait for a sale. I hope that the Bogner goes on sale. But some premium brands never go on sale and even if it does, it'll still be expensive.

But when it comes to jackets and shoes, I'm flexible and tend to be OK with paying alot. Since I consider it an investment that'll last 7 to 10 years.

I also forgot that I do have a really warm ski type jacket. It's YSL black cavalier nylon jacket. One of a kind. So, that'll give me something to wait for the sales.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I do love SAKS. Of all the department stores, I think that it has the widest premium selection and when they go on sale, SAKS offers the best value (selection and prices)!